Mommy Makeover Houston
Mommy Makeover: Get The Curves You DESERVE!
Before & After
Timeless Cosmetic Surgery‘s before-and-after pictures of real patients.
What is a Mommy Makeover?
Traditionally, a mommy makeover is considered to be a cosmetic surgical procedure in which the breast and body are enhanced in one operation. I believe a mommy makeover has evolved and this traditional definition no longer applies.
I look at a mommy makeover as ANY cosmetic surgical procedure that helps a woman get her DESIRED body back. This can include women who have become pregnant and whose bodies have undergone significant changes and/or women whose bodies have just changed with time. A Mommy Makeover can be something as simple as liposuction or can involve combination surgeries which can enhance multiple areas of the body in ONE operation….here are some examples:
- 360 Liposuction and tummy tuck (Timeless Tuck)
- Breast augmentation and tummy tuck
- Breast lift and tummy tuck
- Breast lift with implants and tummy tuck
- Breast augmentation, liposuction and tummy tuck
- Breast lift with implants, liposuction and tummy tuck
- Breast augmentation and buttock augmentation with fat (Brazilian butt lift)
- Liposuction, tummy tuck and buttock augmentation with fat (Brazilian butt lift)
Women have so many responsibilities and do so much for others that it gets difficult to diet and exercise to get back to their desired body. Many times, even diet and exercise won’t get your body back to what it once was. You DESERVE to do something for YOURSELF to get YOUR self-confidence and YOUR sexy back!
Is it worth going through the surgery and recovery of a Mommy Makeover?
When it’s all said and done, undergoing a Mommy Makeover can be an amazing LIFECHANGING experience!!! The self-confidence of my patients dramatically increases during the recovery period. As their new bodies start to take shape I notice them standing taller, smiling more, being more proud of their bodies and they LOVE going shopping to buy more fitted clothing!!!
Am I a good candidate for a Mommy Makeover?
At Timeless Cosmetic Surgery, patient safety is of the utmost importance; therefore, an essential factor determining who can undergo a Mommy Makeover is your overall health. After performing a thorough gathering of your health history, if there is any question about overall health, a medical clearance will be requested during which your primary care physician will do an overall assessment to determine whether it is safe to undergo a certain procedure.
If a patient’s overall health is in good standing then almost anyone can undergo a Mommy Makeover. At your FREE consultation, I will take the time to understand what your goals and expectations are, perform an in depth physical exam and then determine which of the surgical procedures will safely achieve the results you strongly desire.
How is a Mommy Makeover done?
This depends on which surgical procedures will be best for you. Click on the hyperlinks below to access the descriptions of each surgical procedure:
Why is having a mommy makeover so much safer with Dr. Mehta?
I perform all my surgical procedures under IV sedation (twilight) and do not use general anesthesia. No breathing tube (endotracheal tube) is needed because you are able to maintain all your protective reflexes, breathe completely on your own and your blood flows better. The post-operative risks of using IV sedation (the way I do my surgeries) compared to general anesthesia are MUCH less including but not limited to decreased risk of nausea, vomiting and blood clots. Your heart, lungs and blood pressure will be monitored during the entire operative procedure. No pain will be felt during the procedure. Studies have shown IV sedation to be much safer than general anesthesia.
Will I need to stay in the hospital?
Only in rare circumstances is a hospital stay needed. All my patients are able to safely go home the day of surgery as long as they have a responsible caregiver at home. Outpatient surgery has been shown to have many advantages over hospitalization and tends to lead to better post-operative recovery, early ambulation and less risk of infection. I believe being taken care of by a loved one allows for more personalized care. This is also financially beneficial for patients because hospital stays are very costly.
Is it safe to go home after a mommy makeover?
It can be VERY safe to recover at home after a mommy makeover as long as you have a responsible caretaker to be with you for at least the first 72 hours. I believe a loved one will take much better care of you in your own home, than someone who doesn’t know you taking care of you in a hospital. Also, it is VERY likely that there are fewer germs in your home then in a hospital setting.
What if I need to speak to someone after hours?
Immediately after surgery you and your caregiver will be given my personal cell phone number to call on weeknights and weekends with any questions or concerns.
How do I prepare for a Mommy Makeover?
Detailed post-operative instructions will be given during your pre-operative evaluation, which usually takes place about 2 weeks before your planned procedure. Here are some general helpful guidelines:
- VERY IMPORTANT!!!! Start an iron supplement along with a stool softener at least a month before surgery.
- VERY IMPORTANT!!!! Stop all herbal medication, Aspirin products (Alleve, Ibuprofen, Advil etc…), vitamin E and fish oil/Krill oil at least 1 month before surgery as long as it is approved by your physician.
- VERY IMPORTANT!!!! Stop ALL tobacco products AT LEAST 6 weeks before your surgery to decrease the risk of healing complications associated with smoking. (This includes patches and gum)
- VERY IMPORTANT!!!! Stop all hormone based medications if approved by your physician at least 1 month before surgery. If stopping birth control please use non-hormonal methods for continued birth control.
- Arrange for someone to look after you for at least the first 72 hours after surgery. (This can be a dependable and capable family member, friend or a hired caretaker)
- Arrange transportation for your clinic appointments and for your family members because you will not be able to drive for at least 2 weeks.
- Help will be needed for house work and for small children because heavy lifting or strenuous activity will not be allowed for 6 weeks.
- Chux pads to place in the bed.
- 4×4 gauze
- Milk of magnesia
- Light foods and plenty of fluids are recommended after surgery with the following as examples: Electrolyte replacement drinks, soups, yogurt with acidophilus/lactobacillus, jello, pudding, crackers etc…
What will my postoperative care for a mommy makeover involve?
You will be given all the prescriptions needed during your pre-operative visit. That way you will have plenty of time to have them filled prior to surgery.
- No showering until ok’d by Dr. Mehta
- Keep arms to your side at all times
- No driving for at least 1-2 weeks or while on pain medication/muscle relaxants
- Drain care for 1-2 weeks (will be counseled)
- Remain bent at the waist for 2 weeks
- No heavy lifting or strenuous activity for 6 weeks
- No working out for 6 weeks
- No sexual activity for 6 weeks
- Wear only surgical garments provided unless directed otherwise by Dr. Mehta
Does Dr. Mehta charge patients for follow up visits?
NO!!! I have an open door policy and do not charge my patients to come and see me after their surgery. If for any reason you feel like you need to be seen sooner than your scheduled appointment you can always call the office and the staff will fit you in.
Will my mommy makeover be covered under insurance?
No, it won’t. This is considered a cosmetic procedure and cosmetic procedures do not get covered under insurance. Also, Timeless Plastic Surgery is a completely cosmetic based practice so we do not take insurance.
What will be provided for me?
- During your pre-operative evaluation (approx 2 weeks before surgery) you will be given prescriptions for a muscle relaxer, pain medication, antibiotics, stool softener and anti-nausea medications.
- Along with other medications during surgery you will get the appropriate dose of IV antibiotics.
- Immediately after surgery you will be provided with and dressed in the appropriate garments needed during your recovery period.
- Immediately after surgery you and your caregiver will be given my personal cell phone number to call on weeknights and weekends with any questions or concerns.
How long is the recovery?
- No driving for at least 1-2 week or while on pain medication/muscle relaxants.
- At least 2 weeks off work.
- No heavy lifting or strenuous activity for 6 weeks.
- No sexual activity for 6 weeks.
- No working out for 6 weeks.
How often will I need to be seen for follow up?
Patient care is of the utmost importance to my staff and I. Therefore, I tend to keep a very close eye on my patients to make sure your recovery goes as smoothly as possible so that any issues can be prevented or taken care of as soon as possible. I will call you the same night of your surgery, once you are at home, to make sure everything is going well and that you and your caretaker have no questions or concerns. The following is a general schedule of appointments but can be changed at any time:
- 1-2 times per week for the 1st 2 weeks
- Once a week for the next 2 weeks
- Once a month for the next 2 months
- At your 6 month mark from surgery
- At your 1 year mark from surgery
- Once a year after your 1 year mark
There is no charge for follow up appointments. If for any reason you feel like you need to be seen in between appointments or sooner than your scheduled appointment you can always call the office and the girls will fit you in.
Are there risks for this surgery?
With any surgical procedure there are risks, however, these risks are very rare and one is usually at higher risk of getting into a car accident than these risks. Some of the most common, but still infrequently occurring risks include but are not limited to:
- Fluid collections (seroma)
- Blood collection (hematoma)
- Poor wound healing
As stated before, many precautions are taken by my staff and I to prevent these things from occurring in the first place.